Sunday, February 5, 2012

His first tooth

Jackson got his first tooth today! (I'm pretty sure he's been "teething" for months :) 
I am so excited for him because I know it's growth. I know that as he gets more and more of his little teeth he'll be able to enjoy more foods and try new things, and I love that for him. 

But it does make me a little sad. Why? Because I love his little gummy smile, and it's gone forever now and that leaves me with just a little twinge of sadness. But enough of why it's sad it's happy for more reasons than it's not! One reason is because "teething Jackson" is also "cuddly Jackson". Jackson is a momma's boy all that way, (and I not so secretly love that and hope it never changes, please like me when you're 16 Jack, pretty please!), so he cuddles with me all the time. However it doesn't happen for Brandon very much so he was loving it!

I snapped this quick picture of the two of them on the couch today. (why yes that is a remote that he's chewing on, whatever works :) 


The first time momma in me is also excited to brush his teeth :) That may change after a few tantrums and biting but for now I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Reighlynn LOVES brushing her teeth! We have two different toothbrushes and we ask which one she wants. We do the brushing first and then we let her brush for a few minutes! Make it so fun and it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Michael makes fun of me because for every milestone Matthew hits, I get so happy, and then so sad, and then back to happy... :)

    ReplyDelete