Thursday, April 15, 2010

Trip to Nashville and Vanderbilt Law


We just got back from our fun little trip to Nashville this week and coming home was a total let down! For starters the weather in Nashville was GORGEOUS the whole time we were there and we came home to a slushy wet Salt Lake. Not to mention all the flowers and trees that are in full bloom this time of year in Tennessee and not here in deserty Utah. But we had so much fun with Katie, David, Brayden, and Carter that we just weren't ready to head home! They have a beautiful home and are such wonderful siblings and friends! David was on spring break while we were there so it was nice to get to see him, and they got their wood floor finished! And you know how I love a good project, even when it's not my own!

The best part of the trip was....We decided we are moving there! Yay!
We toured Vanderbilt, affectionately called Vandy by students and locals, (hey that'll be us!) We both loved Nashville and Brandon really likes the school. It's a beautiful campus (it's actually a tree sanctuary, who know?!), very friendly town, and a highly ranked law school (top 20 : ), and Brandon got a scholarship there (forgive the bragging for a minute, I'm just SO proud of him!), also I am dying to live that close to my sister! So we were pretty sold as soon as we got there.





I love this picture with all the tulips!
I am in love with all the old buildings! The architecture is just stunning!
This picture really captures how many trees there really are and how green it actually is!

We are so excited for this new chapter in our lives! We are sad to leave Provo but also really excited about all the new things coming up!
Wish us luck : )

3 comments:

  1. wow! I'm so happy for the two of you, and your sister! That will be great! My daughter lives in N'ville. I love it there. She moved there as soon as she graduated from Depauw University. I miss her terribly, but it's only about 3 hours from me.
    I read your comment on Rose's site. Funny, I do the same thing with Jamie. I'll say you know, Rose... or Dawn... or Donna... LOL It's hard for her to keep all my blog friends straight.
    You have a very cute blog! I love the flowers. Good luck in Nashville... it's a great little town!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sad to be losing you but SO proud of you two! It'll be an exciting time. Way to go Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on heading to Nashville! I am from TN. Grew up an hour south of Nashville and my parents still live in Murfreesboro. My husband is in the Army and we just moved to Ft. Knox, KY- a lot closer then where we last in VA. Nashville is awesome. You will love it! I am so happy to be closer to home! Good luck in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete