Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary!


Sunday was our one year anniversary, yay :)

I can not believe it has been that long already, the last year has flown by!
I also don't really remember what life was like before we were married!
I am so blessed to be Brandon's wife and treasure every day.

Alright enough of the mushy gushy love stuff, lets get to the fun weekend details!

We went to the Melting Pot on Saturday night, our waiter brought out our dessert with a candle to celebrate :)
The food was amazing! I mean absolutely amazing and totally worth every penny!

We had a spinach artichoke cheese fondue with different kinds of breads, chips, and apples. So good! Then we had a meat course with duck, sirloin, chicken, pork, shrimp and pot stickers. All of it was so good! I had never had duck before so that was interesting. Then for dessert we had "The Flaming Turtle" it was milk chocolate, caramel, and pecans flambeed(hence the "flaming") at the table, complete with cheesecake, brownies, marshmallows, rice krispie treats, strawberries and bananas. We definitely left full!

Brandon loves taking pictures of me, he always says, "Pretty wife." and then takes more pictures!

Brandon also took the day off from studying on Saturday which was wonderful! We slept in, made breakfast together (buttermilk pancakes with cinnamon butter, also so good), watched a movie (Iron Man 2. Am I a good wife or what ;) And then went to an early dinner. Downtown Nashville is really beautiful and we got to park right on the river.
We also had some of our new friends Mike and Carly over to play Settlers and make cookies after dinner. I won at Settlers which definitely made the night a little sweeter. I'm not braggin', I'm just sayin... ; )

On Sunday we had dinner on the patio and I made homemade beef stew, which was an adventure because I have never made homemade soup before. But it turned out very yummy if I do say so myself.


We didn't stay on the patio for very long because despite some bug repellent we both got bit a number of times... Welcome to the South!

We have some cute little lanterns and patio lights outside that I just love, so Brandon being a sweetheart took pictures of them too!

It was an amazing weekend! Very relaxing, very fun, and full of lots of yummy food!

I think I like anniversaries.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you...what a sweet guy...and what a fun weekend celebration! With 4 kiddos, I feel like our anniversary and birthdays get sandwiched in with craziness. We're trying to make them a little better now that the kids are older! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary gorgeous anna...
    &
    because your lovely hubby loves you so much...you know all of us reading are a little in love with him.....!

    beautiful photos!

    melissa x

    ReplyDelete