Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One big update



Wow! We moved to Nashville 6 weeks ago already!

It has just flown by!


We LOVE it here!
We feel so at home and are really enjoying being here.

We've been here....

They have over 32 kinds of pancakes and the yummiest syrups!

Think sweet potato pancakes with sweet cinnamon syrup :)


We've also been here...
This is a full size replica of the Parthenon at Centennial Park.

It's absolutely gorgeous and the park is really beautiful too!

During the summer the city hosts Big Band Dances in the park under a lighted dance floor.
We were able to go in August and had a blast! Sorry no pictures, we were dancing!


I've been here with Katie and "the kids" (her kids Brayden, Carter, and Aubrey)

So much fun! We got caught in the rain way out at the giraffe cage and had to run to the car. We were soaking wet! Brayden loved it! Carter not so much...

One of the things we have enjoyed the most being here is only living about 20 minutes from Katie and David. It is amazing! Katie and I see each other almost every day and love hanging out and playing with the kids. Brandon has started "herding" me out of their house at night because he said if he didn't I'd never leave : ) We get to have dinner with them at least a few times a week and get lots of play time in.


We've also been doing a little bit of this....

Sitting in traffic is new for me. It also takes a lot longer to get places. I guess that's all just part of living in a bigger city. (To be fair Brandon does most of the sitting in traffic on his way to and from school.

We've also spent some time here... My sweet little nephew Carter (he'll be 2 on our anniversary :) got appendicitis and a horrible infection that the doctors thought was the flu and spent 10 days here :( He is just about the sweetest (and cutest) little sick kid there ever was! He is feeling better now but still needs to have his appendix taken out. We got to watch my other nephew and niece while Katie and David were with him in the hospital. It was few crazy weeks.

We've also gone to ward camp out and fish fry (good times!) where someone was baptized in the lake. No joke, we all hiked down to the lake and this teenage boy was baptized. It felt totally Southern but was very simple and reverent. I am so touched by the testimonies of the converts here. People say the church is the same everywhere, but I'd say the GOSPEL is the same everywhere. The church is definitely different out here than it is out west, in a good way :)

Brandon is loving school! It's definitely hard and a lot of work but he really enjoys it. So far, we see each other WAY more than anyone told us we would.
That's a good thing.

We also love our ward and have made so friends.

Oh and we love our new apartment! I'll hopefully post pictures soon.

Ok well longest post ever, so sorry about that!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like n'ville! I love the Pancake Pantry and I love to feed the ducks at centennial park! :)
    I've yet to visit the Zoo. Jamie lives about 5 minutes from the zoo and has it on her list "to do". She's been there for 6 years and has never been to the zoo! crazy! Whenever I go there, we're always working on something.
    I hope your little nephew is good as new real soon!
    gail

    ReplyDelete